Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Frustrating CI Issue PSBusComp error

I've been having an issue when connecting to a CI (peopleTools 8.49.11) in that as I start working with a component and iterating through data to dump in, there seems to be a point where the OS kills the process that I am using.

Here is what I am doing:

Pulling the rows to insert directly from the DB
Connecting to a CI via JSL to the App server
Start the Loop to pump the data in
The first rows go in well
The the App server kills the run after 1 or two rows
Session is reset

I have interactive mode off, get and edit history are also off.
It seems to be specific to this component, or component type (the size?). Our Admins tell me it is a segmentation falt and the process is killed by the OS. Thanks Mr. OS! :)

There doesn't seem to be any Cobol or really intensive people code. Technically this shouldn't matter as interactive mode is turned off and I don't get to the point of saving, so it should be triggered.

I don't know if it matters, but I am going to check to see if 'Expert Entry' is enabled on the user that is connecting to the app server.

More to come....

No comments: